Originally a family house, House of Wayne opened its doors as a boutique hotel in 2004.
The name is made of the initials of the family members. House of Waine is a realisation of a generations dream. The hotel is made up of 11 rooms, 1 is a suite and all the 10 have different interior design; Very personalised choices and excellent service.
Description of the rooms:
- MANYATTA: The name is derived from Maasai language meaning ‘home’; the room has a portrait of a Maasai moran.
- SAFARI: Meaning ‘long journey’, the room’s decor pays tribute to travellers.
- ZIWA: Meaning ‘lake’ has a lot of turquoise that gives the lake effect.
- TEMBO: Swahili word for Elephant, has the colors and texture that reflects an elephant’s hide and its habitat.
- VICTORIA: Epitomizing the Victorian era in its decor; with a wrought iron four poster bed.
- MAKAN: An Indian themed room with very warm colors and interconnects with
- KANINI: Our smallest room, childlike with warm colors.
- PWANI: Our coastal themed rooms.
- BUSTANI: Swahili word for Garden, and has the decor that brings the outside in and opens to our beautiful gardens.
- SAHARA: The sahara recreated in the most stylish lavish way, relaxing golden sands.
- MALAIKA: This is a suite, the grand of them all, like the name suggests, ‘an angel’ the room will leave you feeling like an angel, with its excellent and carefully chosen decor.
All the rooms have Wi-fi, Air conditioner, Laptop safe, Hair drier, magnified mirror for make-up, separate shower and bath, Flatscreen TV, Telephone, Tea and coffee making facilities, fresh flowers,eco- friendly bathroom toiletries, Baby cots available on request.
House of Wayne has a pool, verandah and lovely communal areas within the house to make you feel completely at home.
House of Waine is conveniently situated in a quiet environment, while close to so many attractions such as the giraffe centre, David Sheldrick wildlife trust, Karen Blixen, Kazuri beads factory, House of treasures, Matbronze, Utamaduni craft shop, Birds paradise souvenir shop.
In addition to being a great place to stay for people staying for a few nights in Nairobi, the House of Waine has excellent conference facilities with enough space and up to date equipment appropriate for meetings; the room can sit a maximum of twenty people, which opens to the terrace where tea can be served during breaks. The conference package includes tea on arrival, morning and afternoon tea, internet, water, mints, flip chart stand and papers, LCD projector, three course lunch, one soft drink at lunch.
Telephone: +254 734 699 973 / +254 20 260 1455
Address: Maasai Lane , Langata