Reminiscent of a Moroccan Palace, or an ancient lost city, the Sands at Nomads is an up-market and extremely stylish hotel.
The hotel is located right on the beach in Diani, and has unique modern architecture in an earthy style. Reflections of water on the warm, adobe-clad walls; breathtaking views of the Indian Ocean; warm sea breezes and the bright sunshine make this an exotic and very relaxing place to stay.
The hotel offers 37 rooms (80 beds) in total divided into Forest View and Sea Breeze (partly Sea View). The rooms all have en-suite bathrooms, air-conditioning, minibar, internet connection and satellite TV.
- The Ocean Rooms -These large Ocean View rooms are ideal for families and are available as one bedroom or two bedrooms (all en-suite). They have fantastic sea views and each room has it’s own private verandah.
- The Cottages – There are 7 unique beachfront cottages, each having a thatched-roof and an uninterrupted view across the sands and ocean. As with all room at the Sands, each is equipped with air-conditioning, mini-bar and satellite TV.
The Suites – The selection of suites includes:
- Ocean View Superior Suites: There are 3 of these suites. They all have a spacious reception room, a jacuzzi, a luxurious bathroom, and a stunning first floor terrace just metres away from the ocean’s edge.
- ‘Mbega’ Suite – This suite enjoys both forest and sea views and has its own private verandah. It’s situated within the central reception building.
- ‘Peponi’ Master Suite – This fantastic first floor suite features a spectacular bathroom with a king-sized Jacuzzi opening on to an enormous terrace
- ‘Mbuyu’ Grande Suite – , This is the ultimate wedding suite or perfect for those looking for something unique, secluded and very special. The suite looks directly out to sea, and has been created in a traditional Swahili style, with a high thatched roof pierced by a dramatic waterfall that descends into a crystal pool below. The suite has four-poster bed on a raised podium, an elegant sitting room and a private verandah. The romantic bathroom is semi-open air and has a Jacuzzi
Restaurants & Bars
Open all day from breakfast right through to dinner, you are assured of excellent food, beautifully presented, a laid back atmosphere with amazing views of golden sands and wide blue ocean.
Nomad Beach Bar & Restaurant is not your run of the mill beach bar, and is, in our opinion, one the best restaurants in the Diani area. You can find all the usual popular snacks, sandwiches, pizzas and pastas; however, the menu also features some very original dishes, all creatively presented. The cuisine is based on traditional Swahili cooking with a modern twist. There is fresh fish every day and a good selection of shellfish. The restaurant offers a luxurious tropical buffet breakfast and is offers a broad selection of tropical cocktails, and a good selection of excellent wines. There is a Red Pepper Japanese Parlour, which offers delicious sushi, sashimi and other Japanese specialties which is also available.
The Riva’s Bar is located within the main reception area, overlooking the pool. It makes an ideal setting for lunches & sundowners and offers a wide range of cocktails, milk shakes, coffee and ice cream specialities.
The ‘Forest Breeze’ Treatments centre offers a broad range of Beauty treatments including Pedicure and Manicure, Massages and Facials, Exotic Body Scrubs and personalised Natural treatments.
- The pool area has W-Lan
- Cyber café -The hotel has one on site.
- Conferences and private business functions -The Sands has an air-conditioned lounge and media facilities can be booked.
The guest relations desk at the hotel can help to arrange the above activities:
- Shimba Hills National Park – You can see elephants and other wildlife in this game park and dine at the attractive tree-house style lodge (20 mins)
- Cultural tours. Eg, Fort Jesus (30 mins), Tour of Mombasa old town and market (40 mins) Tamarind Dhow (30 mins)
- Kenyan game parks – fly or drive to Tsavo (2 hours drive) Masai Mara (2x 1hour flights via Nairobi) etc.
- Water sports – Diving the Crab offers wreck explorations, whale shark spotting and dive courses in Nomads 5m-deep pool, (the deepest at the Kenyan Coast).
- kite and windsurfing, snorkelling, glass bottomed boats, kayaks, pedalos and deep-sea fishing are all available at the hotel
- A championship 18-hole golf course lies within minutes of the hotel.
- Boating excursions (hand-made luxury motorboats and cabin cruisers are available for private marine safaris, exclusive beach BBQ’s)
Telephone: +254 725 373 888 / +254 35 373 888 / +254 40 320 3648