Chinese, Thai and Pan Asian
if you like food from the orient, you not be disappointed.
It’s easy to find high quality oriental restaurants in Nairobi and Kenya and they have become popular in recent years. Fresh seafood is either found at the coast or is flown in from the coast each day making this a good choice for fresh, delicious food.
There are quite a number of quality Japanese restaurants in Kenya, so if you like sushi and sashimi you won’t be disappointed.
Many offer authentic Japanese cuisine, and the excellent choice can make it hard to decide Offering freshly prepared sushi & sashimi, most Japanese restaurants have Teppanyaki tables, open dining rooms with additional private rooms available for business meetings and private functions. Seafood is flown in to Nairobi from the coast (and further afield) each day, so fresh seafood is always available. Enjoy!
Nairobi is famed for its fantastic Indian cuisine.
It has a large, wealthy Indian community and because of this and its British connections (people in the UK prefer Indian food over any other!) It has some of the best Indian food imaginable. There’s a good selection of superb Indian restaurants in Kenya, whether they be high class or budget restaurants. Generally, they all offer great food and a range of traditional Indian dishes such as curries and tandoori. Indian food is a popular cuisine choice for vegetarians due to the extensive menu choices including non-meat and vegan options.
- Emerald Garden Thai Restaurant (Thai)
- Tokyo – Village Market (Japanese)
- Thai Chi Sarova Stanley (Thai)
- The Sushi Bar – Fairview Hotel (Japanese)
- Mandhari Restaurant – Nairobi Serena Hotel (Indian)
- Bamboo at Zen Garden (Pan Asian)
- 88 at Villa Rosa Kempinski (Pan Asian)
- Bangkok Chinese Restaurant (Pan Asian)
- Phoenician Restaurant & Sushi Bar (Japanese & Lebanese)
- Furasato Japanese Restaurant (Japanese)
- Open House – Westlands (Indian)
- The Haandi (Indian)
- Anghita – Westlands (Indian)
- Indigo Spice (Indian)
- Muhibbah – Sankara Hotel (Indian)
- Onami Grill & Sushi Bar (Japanese)
- Benares (Indian)
- Maharaja Restaurant (Indian)
Karen & Langata
- The Talisman (Pan Asian)
- Tokyo Restaurant (Japanese)
- Haru Japanese Restaurant (Japanese)
- China Plate (Chinese)
- Double Dragon -Yaya (Chinese)
- Chopstix (Chinese)
- Misono Japanese Restaurant (Japanese)
- Fang Fang (Chinese)
- MisterWok – Lavington (Chinese)
- Phoenician Restaurant & Sushi Bar – Junction (Japanese & Lebanese)
- Saffron Restaurant -Yaya (Indian)
- Anghiti – Muthaiga (Indian)
- Haveli Indian Restaurant (Capital Centre, M’sa Road (Indian)