The Village Market is a beautifully designed complex with cascading waterfalls, open air restaurants, multi-layered walk ways in which more than 150 retail outlets offer their wares.
- The Village Market organizers claim that it is the largest shopping, recreation and entertainment destination in East Africa and it’s certainly a great place to visit for family entertainment as is has a Crazy Golf course (mini golf), Waterslides and pool, a bowling alley, children’s playground and toy cars to drive for the very young.
- The spacious open-air food court is a meeting point for a wide variety of people, including a great many from the UN crowd, since the United Nations headquarters is only a few minutes away.
- A large Maasai-themed craft market is something not to miss each Friday (don’t forget to haggle as this is the real thing!). A variety of entertainments are also available for all the family, which make this a super place to spend the day.
- Since its inception 12 years ago, it has grown and now has a five star hotel within it’s compound, a very large Nakumat supermarket, 3 screen movie theatre, ten pin bowling alley, mini golf course, swimming centre with swirling rapids and large water slides and shutes, restaurants, exhibition space, post office, art gallery, butchery, jewellery shop, bakery, grocery , childrens’ climbing frame and recreational area, fast food joints, amphitheatre etc.
- The Village Market has earned itself numerous accolades including the coveted International Council of Shopping Centers’ Design Award. It’s not hard to believe, since thoughtfully planned areas, mean that you can enjoy the open spaces, fresh breezes and sun-shine and really make the most of being in the tropics!
Shop in the sun – enjoy the atmosphere as there are many water features and opportunities for al fresco dining. Take a trip to the Tribe Hotel next door for some real luxury as they have a restaurant, spa and several bars that you can visit.
Telephone: +254 712 2488 / +254 712 2477
Address: Limuru Road , Village Market