This is a first class airline, which gives wonderful service and is especially good for passengers traveling with children.
Many people choose Emirates even though it’s a longer flight just because they like the comfort and service. Cost wise, it’s not usually cheaper to fly with Emirates and journeys are usually longer because almost all Emirates flights go via Dubai. Direct flights are rare. Dubai is an interesting place to have a “stop over” in for a few days.
Flights to Dubai go every day from Kenya. Connecting flights from Dubai go to a multitude of destinations around the world.
Travelling with Children
- Priority boarding is given to families with young children, and every plane is equipped with changing tables and bassinets.
- Unaccompanied Minors – A special service is provided for children aged above 5 and who are travelling alone. A full adult fare ticket is charged.
- Child fare – This applies to children who are under 12
- Infants – Any person under two years is an infant. Complimentary baby strollers are available at Dubai International Airport (on arrival and transit only) with twin baby strollers also available.
- Infants over 11kg: A seat must be booked and child’s fare paid for infants travelling in a baby seat. Passengers must supply their own approved infant car seat that is approved by Emirates.
Emirates Frequent Flyer reward schemes (Skysurfers)
Children between 2 and 16, may enlist for the Skysurfers frequent flyer scheme. They’ll receive Miles that can be exchanged for free flights, preferred seating, books, toys, or free trips to the Wild Wadi Water Park in Dubai. There’s a cool Skysurfers website.
Opening Hours: Mon to Fri, 08:30 to 16:30 (Telesales till 17:00) Sat, 09:00 to 12:00 Sun & public holidays, Closed
Local TipSuperb Airline with great care and attention for young children. The only problem is that you usually have to take a flight via Dubai which usually long haul travel even longer depending on your final destination. Maybe take a few days in Dubai as this is also a fun place for a short stay.
Telephone: + 254 20 3290000 / 0404
Address: MOMBASA BRANCH; Mezzanine Floor, TSS Towers, Nkrumah Road, P.O. Box 88704, Mombasa, Kenya,Telephone +254 41-2226600/343/966, 2311289