Safaricom is one of the biggest, if not THE biggest network providers in Kenya.
They provide a host of products and services for Telephones, GPRS, 3G, EDGE, Data and Fax.
- Safaricom has agreements with 260 network operators in 116 countries to allow their subscribers to roam while in Kenya. Therefore, travellers in Kenya are offered a wide network coverage from Safaricom together with a reliable service.
- When visiting Kenya, you can use your existing cell phone and number to make and receive calls/SMS.
How to use your mobile phone on a Safaricom network while visiting Kenya:
Once you land in Kenya, switch on your phone
- If this does not automatically choose Safaricom, search manually on your phone by selecting “settings”, then “phone settings” followed by “network selection” Choose Manual selection. You will receive a choice of Kenyan networks – select Safaricom or 639-02 if codes are displayed instead *navigation steps may differ in some handsets
- You are now ready to roam with Safaricom, the Vodafone network in Kenya
- To make international calls, remember to dial + and the international country code before the desired number e.g. to call UK no 12312312 mobile dial +44 77 12312312
- To make local calls (to Kenya numbers) you don’t need to insert “+” and country code. E.g to call a Safaricom number just dial 0722 123123
Safaricom originally started as a department of Kenya Posts & Telecommunications Corporation in 1993. Safaricom Ltd, and was incorporated in 1997. In 2002 it was converted into a public company with limited liability.
Saraficom has a range of products for post paid and prepaid phones. Safaricom is an internet provider and it’s hugely successful M-Pesa service allows customers to transfer money using a mobile phone even if you don’t have a bank account. Kenya is the first country in the world to use this service, which is offered in partnership between Safaricom and Vodafone. To register with M-pesa is free and customers can make use of this service through the countless M-PESA agents who are spread throughout the country. The M-PESA application is installed on your SIM card and works on all makes of handsets.
To get in touch with the Safaricom concerning your enquiries, call:
PrePaid: Call 100 (Free)
Or +254 20 427 2100 (chargeable)
PostPaid/Advantage: 200 (Free)
Or +254 20 427 2200 (chargeable)
Telephone: +254 20 427 3272
Address: City Centre