This wonderful 5 star hotel is a favourite for many visitors.
It takes the best of modern design, and combines it with a vast array of beautiful African artwork that appears throughout the hotel.
With 184 rooms in total, The Serena provides a range of rooms from standard twin bedrooms to a whole range of beautiful suites and rooms available to suit the needs of it’s guests. All the rooms are elegantly and individually designed along pan-African themes.
Services for each room include: satellite TV, minibar, Air Conditioning in all rooms, safe, hairdryer, multipurpose adaptors (UK std.) double glazed windows for a quietness, house-doctor is on call 24hrs, hotspots wireless connectivity, state of the art CCTV, fully equipped business center, secretarial services, currency exchange facilities, mosquito nets and tea/coffee making facility on request etc.
Restaurants & Bars
5 beautiful restaurants/bars can be found at the Serena. All have wonderful themed interiors which add to the experience:
- Café Maghreb :a Moroccan all day café with an international style menu, reflecting the best of eastern and western cuisine. It has a vibrant décor that reflects the jewel-hued stalls and bright-polished coffee pots of the Kasbah. It features a globetrotting selection of themed menus throughout the week and also allows for al fresco dining with views over the shimmering waters of the pool.
- The Aksum Bar: This gorgeous Ethiopian bar opens onto lush gardens where evening cocktails and Sunday brunch are served. The décor has stunning Ethiopian wall hangings and art pieces which makes it worthwhile to visit if only for just seeing the artwork, Serving a broad range of beverages, the Aksum Bar also offers a superb cocktail line-up.
- The Pool Bar: This offers all the cool of an oasis, in the heart of the city. The menu is an all-day selection of hot and cold snacks, ice cream sundaes, mid-morning pastries and spicy evening appetizers. A range of drinks are also available, from Italian-style coffee to chilled juices and cocktails.
- The Bambara Lounge: Named after the Bambara tribe of Mali, the theme of this lounge is West African. It offers 24 hour service to resident hotel guests only.
- Mandhari Restaurant:This upmarket restaurant enjoys panoramic views over the bright lights of the city. It also offers an open-air dining terrace overlooking the pool. Gentle piano music and impeccable service make dining here a pleasure. It has an extensive menu offering seafood, wild game, fresh-caught river fish and oriental, vegetarian and Swahili dishes.
The general facilities for the hotel include a large, secluded, heated swimming pool, a well equipped gym and spa treatment centre and 5 star conference facilities.
This beautiful hotel is part of the larger chain “Tourism Promotion Services” which owns and manages 32 hotels in Africa and Asia. TPS’s first hotel ventures were established in the 1970s in Kenya and now the Serena Brand has in total, 9 hotels, safari lodges and resorts in Kenya.Other Serena Hotels in Kenya include:
- Amboseli Serena Safari Lodges,
- Kilaguni Serena Safari Lodge (Tsavo),
- Mara Serena Safari Lodge,
- Samburu Serena Safari Lodge,
- Serena Mountain Lodge,
- Serena Beach Hotel
This is the hotel that hosted the 2008 Peace Talks with Kofi Annan, Raila Odinga and President Kibaki. It has a wonderful reputation, as has a classy African feel in the best possible way!
Telephone: +254 20 282 2000 / +254 20 272 5184
Address: Kenyatta Avenue